Everyone I've met here is in love with the idea of living off grid, being able to decide when and how much contact they have with the world, and taking joy in nature's solitude. My theory is that the locals' ability to be alone makes them friendlier (I've never met such friendly people in my entire life). We all get together once and a while and discuss our latest adventures then separate to our own log cabins and consider how we hope no more people discover the gem that is the Yukon.
And let me tell you, this particular way of living is incredibly romantic-- if I'm not careful, I may just be seduced by it. If my inner introvert isn't sold on the lifestyle, I think Mother Nature might be able to convince the rest of me to fall head over heels with a place that is nothing but North of ordinary.
No comments:
Post a Comment